Land Rover has chosen an aggressive pricing strategy for the new Range Rover Evoque, starting the range below the all-important £30,000 threshold. To put that in perspective, BMW’s X3 now starts from £31,135, with the smaller X1 beginning at £24,265, so with an entry-level Evoque available from £27,955 the choice available to customers has never been better.
With a choice of three engines, two body styles, three design themes and a wide range of options and accessories, the new Range Rover Evoque offers customers significant choice across a wide range of price points. Just how wide is evident when examining the full price list – whilst the eD4 Pure 5-door 6 Speed manual 2WD model kicks off the range at £27,955, that price can extend right up to £44,320 for the range-topping Si4 6 Speed automatic Dynamic coupé with LUX pack.
The 5-door and Coupé forms, which go on-sale from September 2011 are powered by a range of modern diesel and petrol engines – the 2.2-litre turbo-diesel can be chosen with either 148bhp or 187bhp power outputs, offering the potential of 130g/km CO2 in the 148bhp models. The new 237bhp 2.0-litre Si4 petrol engine combines direct fuel injection, turbocharging and twin variable valve timing which enables it to sprint from 0-60mph in 7.1 seconds.
- eD4 diesel 150hp 6-speed manual 2WD (Pure and Prestige) – available from 2012
- TD4 diesel 150hp 6-speed manual 4WD (Pure, Prestige) – From £28,705.00 (£29,705.00 for the Coupe)
- SD4 diesel 190hp 6-speed manual 4WD (Pure, Prestige, Dynamic) – From £29,705.00 (£30,705.00 for the Coupe)
- SD4 diesel 190bhp 6-speed automatic 4WD (Pure, Prestige, Dynamic) – From £31,315.00 (£32,315.00 for the Coupe)
- Si4 petrol 240hp 6-speed automatic 4WD (Dynamic) – From £38,995.00 (£39,995.00 for the Coupe)
To price and spec up an Evoque for yourself, visit the online configurator at: http://www.landrover.com/gb/en/rr/range-rover-evoque/build/
Also look out for a competition coming soon to win a Range Rover Evoque, plus an awesome prize for cycling enthusiasts. Just keep an eye on our Twitter account (@DriversRepublic) for further details.