This weekend’s Belgian Grand Prix will mark the 300th start for Michael Schumacher in Formula One, at the place he fondly refers to as his ‘Living Room’.
But it also marks 21 years since the 7-time world champion’s debut on the GP scene, driving for Jordan, before moving on to Benetton at the next race.
300 races is still 26 behind Rubens Barrichello, who left F1 at the end of last year, nonetheless Schumacher has won the race six times in the past, so it’s never wise to bet against him.
However Saturday’s qualifying doesn’t bode well for a 7th race win at Spa, with Schumacher qualifying in 13th ahead of his team mate Nico Rosberg down in 18th.
Schumacher said afterwards, ” I am really sorry for my fans but I am afraid I have to say that I got pretty much everything that we could from today. The car was not quick enough, and especially in the mid-sector we were too slow. We now have to take it as it is and try to do the best we can in the race tomorrow. We will have further steps coming soon, so we will go on fighting.”
But rather than dwell on the negatives, we thought it would be nice to mark the occasion with a stunning image of Schumacher entering the awesome Eau Rouge corner in his Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 W03.
Feel free to download an image and use it as your desktop background.
Images: Mercedes AMG Petronas
* * *
Image of The Day (IOTD) – Previous Favourites
- IOTD: Lotus Evora meets Desperate Housewives
- IOTD: Jaguar C-X16 in Downtown LA (w/DOWNLOAD)
- IOTD: Audi R8 GT – Jooooy Finally Has Meaning.. (w/DOWNLOADS)
- IOTD: Peugeot RCZ gets tough on the streets (w/DOWNLOAD)
- IOTD: The new BMW M5 – too much horsepower?
- IOTD: DTM Oschersleben – to finish first, first you have to finish.. (w/DOWNLOAD)
- IOTD: McLaren MP4-12C visits the old banked Monza circuit (w/DOWNLOAD)
- IOTD: Land Rover DC100 owns the wilderness.. (w/DOWNLOAD)