SkiddNet, SkiddMark and SkiddPlayer are owned by Fitch Media Limited, a private company registered in England and Wales under company number 07029224.
Use of the Site
Proposals are welcome from brands which are relevant to our audience, as are sponsored marketing campaigns, competitions and special offers, however to protect the interests of our members and facilitate the success of every commercial initiative we require that all be managed collaboratively with the editorial team at SkiddMark.
- any part of Our Site;
- any equipment or network on which Our Site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of Our Site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information from Our Site through any means not intentionally made available to you through Our Site.
Any contribution made to SkiddMark (such as in the comments of each article) must:
- be accurate (where they state facts);
- be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and
- comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- contain any material that is obscene, offensive, hateful, inflammatory or defamatory of any person;
- promote any discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- infringe any copyright, database right, trade mark or any other right of any other person;
- be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass alarm or annoy any other person;
- be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or
- advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Third parties and third party websites and links
We also may provide links or references on the Site to the websites of other companies, whether affiliated with us or not. By clicking on these links and accessing these other websites, you will be leaving our Site.
Similarly, the Site may be accessed through third party links over which we have no control. We make no warranties or representations of any kind as to the accuracy, currency, or completeness of any information contained in such websites and shall have no liability for any damages or injuries of any kind arising from such content or information. Inclusion of any third party link does not imply an endorsement or recommendation by Fitch Media Limited.
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
The entire contents of our Site are protected by copyright, database rights and other intellectual property rights. The contents of our Site may not be copied, displayed, downloaded, distributed or republished other than for non-commercial individual reference with all copyright or other proprietary notices retained, and thereafter may not be recopied, reproduced or otherwise redistributed. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppels or otherwise any licence or right under any patent or trademark of Fitch Media Limited, or any third party.
Written communication and notices
When using our Site, you accept that communication with us will be mainly in electronic format. We will contact you by e-mail or provide you with information by posting notices on the Site. For contractual purposes, you agree to this electronic means of communication and you acknowledge that all contracts, notices, information and other communications that we provide to you electronically comply with any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
All notices given by you to us, including any complaints that you might have about the Site, must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We may give notice to you at either the e-mail or postal address you provide to us when you become an Account Holder, or in any of the ways specified in the above paragraph.
Content and Limitation of Liability
SkiddMark is represented as a digital platform. All views and opinions and knowledge expressed on the site by account holders or visitors are the sole opinions of the account holders or visitors themselves. The owners of SkiddMark make no warranties or representations of any kind as to the accuracy, currency, completeness, reliability, operability, or legality of information or opinions contained or expressed within our Site. Commentary and other materials posted on our Site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our Site, by any account holders, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
Furthermore, the Site is provided to you on an "as is" and "as available" basis. You agree that access to and use of the Site and the content available on the Site is at your own risk. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Site and any individual person connected to the Site and any party involved in creating, producing or delivering the Site hereby exclude:
- All conditions, warranties and other terms that might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity; and
- Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by you in connection with the use, inability to use, or that results from the use of the Site or websites linked to the Site, including, without limitation any liability for loss of income or revenue, loss of business, loss of profit, loss of data, loss of goodwill, wasted management or office time, and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
No waiver by us of any of these terms and conditions shall be effective unless it is expressly stated to be a waiver and is communicated to you in writing in accordance with the methods specified above.
Sale or Merger
If Fitch Media Limited is sold to or merges with another company not owned by Fitch Media Limited, you should expect that some or all of the personal information collected from this Site may be transferred to the buyer/surviving company. If so, Fitch Media Limited will seek to obligate the acquiring company to use any personal information transferred by this Site in a manner consistent with this Privacy Statement, but cannot guarantee that it will be able to impose that requirement, or that the acquiring company will comply.
If any of these terms and conditions or any provisions of these terms and conditions are determined by any competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, such term, condition or provision will to that extent be severed from the remaining terms, conditions and provisions, which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Access to and use of this Service is currently available without charge. We reserve the right to charge a fee for access to or use of this Service in the future, either for private or commercial account holders. You will be given prior notice in the event we find it necessary to charge a fee for use of this Service.
These terms and conditions and any document expressly referred to in them represent the entire agreement between us in relation to access to and your use of the Site and supersede any prior agreement, understanding or arrangement between us, whether oral or in writing.
Law and jurisdiction
These terms and conditions and the agreement between you and us will be governed by English law. Any dispute arising from, or related to, these terms and conditions or our agreement shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Copyright ©2011 Fitch Media Limited
Last updated: March 21st, 2011
Cookies on SkiddMark
These text files contain small snippets of code which enable us to keep track of your viewing preferences, remembering the volume level on videos which you view, share content via social media sites, and collecting information to help us understand how our site us used.
There's no sinister marketing agenda, we're not spying on your browsing activity elsewhere or collecting information to pass on to third parties.
By continuing to browse our site without changing your settings, we'll assume you are happy to receive our cookies.
You can change your cookie settings at any time by adjusting the configuration of your web browser or using the 'C' widget at the bottom-left corner of this page.
This privacy statement describes how Fitch Media Ltd collects and uses the personal information you provide on our web site: www.skiddmark.com. It also describes the choices available to you regarding our use of your personal information and how you can access and update this information.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
We collect the following personal information from you
- Contact Information such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number.
- Unique Identifiers such as user name, account number, password.
- Preferences Information such as product wish lists, order history, marketing preferences.
- Health or Medical Information such as prescription information.
We also collect the following information from you
- Demographic information such as age, gender, interests and country.
As is true of most Web sites, we automatically gather information about your computer such as your IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, and operating system.
We use this information to
- Respond to customer service requests
- Send you a newsletter
- Send you any relevant marketing communications
- Respond to your questions and concerns
- Improve our Web site and marketing efforts
- Conduct research and analysis
- Display content based upon your interests
- List you in our member directory made available only to other members
You may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails or you can contact us at email@example.com.
We may also disclose your personal information
- as required by law such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request,
- if Fitch Media Ltd is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information,
- to any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Our Web pages contain electronic images known as Web beacons (sometimes called single-pixel gifs) and are used along with cookies to compile aggregated statistics to analyze how our site is used and may be used in some of our emails to let us know which emails and links have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of our customer communications and marketing campaigns.
We gather information about how you and others use our Web site. For example, we will know how many users access a specific page and which links they clicked on, plus where user then went to. We use this aggregated information to understand and optimize how our site is used and generate insight to inform our activities with clients.Links to Other Web Sites
Our Site includes links to other Web sites whose privacy practices may differ from those of Fitch Media Ltd. If you submit personal information to any of those sites, your information is governed by their privacy statements. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy statement of any Web site you visit.
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). Any such highly-sensitive private information is then stored offline and way from the prying eyes of web hackers.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it.
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Policy Information
Our Web site offers publicly accessible blogs, groups and community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them.Correcting and Updating Your Personal Information
To review and update your personal information to ensure it is accurate, contact us at email@example.com.Notification of Privacy Statement Changes
We may update this privacy statement to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any material changes we will notify you by email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on this Site prior to the change becoming effective.
We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
Copyright ©2011 Fitch Media Limited
Last updated: May 25th, 2012